SHORT STORY

 The Kidnap Prank

    I slowly blinked my eyes open. I searched with my hands around and found my specs. Putting them slowly into their correct place or my eyes I looked around to find myself inside a room, dimly lit by a yellow bulb. It was covered with hay stacks and sacks of soda cans. I soon realized it to be the store room at the back of Farmer John’s Farm, only a little away from the town. I searched my pockets for my mobile phone and that’s when I realized it was missing. And only then I found out that my brand new blue shoes were stained with dirt. They were my birthday gifts from Sofia. What will I tell her? But how to get out of here first. I walked towards the door with a switch beside it, which I assumed to be the bulb’s , and reached for the handle and then the light went off and the door opened. A huge tall man entered and with a swift move pushed me into a haystack. I tried to get up and then a thought came to me. If I tried to fight the man physically I would lose but I had to do something more cunning. That’s when the idea struck me . Hay is harmful for our eyes. The advice my brother always got because he would try to throw the hay into my eyes. I grabbed a fistful of the hay which lay beside me and threw it at the man’s face. He collapsed. I ran to the switch, to see who the man was. As soon as the light flickered alive, I was shocked. The man was none other than my childhood friend Alex. He started laughing at me as he saw me through his teary and red eyes . It was one of his freaky pranks. And soon my other friends emerged from outside the room and we had a good laugh.

 -A short story by me.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Name is Bond... Ruskin Bond

FRIGHT OR FLIGHT