Book Review

 THE HAPPY PRINCE AND OTHER STORIES

Oscar Wilde


    Vacation time means book time for me and this collection of stories was a delight to me. While 2 of the stories : Happy Prince  and The Selfish Giant  were already known to me the others were truly great . 

    For  example, In the story The Nightangle and the Rose, it showed the stupidity of love and to how far extants boys go to please lovers. On one part, I found the story quiet funny with the words of the scholar's lover and on the other hand it showed the touching action of the nightiangle in helping the boy please his love.

    In another story, The Remarkable Rocket, It revolves around an arrogant rocket who always boasts about himself and tries to boss the people around.

     The last story, Canterville Chase is a truly remarkable one and was my favourite. Its funny and also heart touching at the same time. But this one ghost story is very different from other ghost stories.I may not be able to express this myself, but as you read it you will soon understamd what I meant. I highly reccomend this book for you to sit down with on a summer day. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Name is Bond... Ruskin Bond

FRIGHT OR FLIGHT